Start With Yourself (Anonymous)

    The following words were written on the tomb of an Anglican Bishop in the Crypts of Westminster Abbey.


     When I was young and free and my imagination had no limits I dreamed of changing the world. As I grew older and wiser, I discovered the world would not change, so I shortened my sights somewhat and decided to change only my country.

     But it, too, seemed immovable.

    As I grew into my twilight years, in the last desperate attempt, I settled for changing only my family,
those closest to me, but alas, they would have none of it.  

   And now as I lie on my deathbed, I suddenly realize: If I had changed my self first, then by exmple i would have changed my family. From their inspiration and encouragement, I would then have been able to better my country and, who knows, I may have been changed the world.    

     

1 comment:

  1. There are many things that we can do in this world but very little can we do or nothing we do at all to make those many things happen. May be, the Anglican Bishop in this page,is very idealistic and rarely can he sees the realities of the world. When we want to do things let us then start from the smaller ones because we might just be surprised to realize in the end that we already made big ones.

    ReplyDelete